Cox gas Thimble Drome 1950's tether race car restored Mercedes W196 & driver
1954 - 55 Cox Mercedes. 049 gas powered W196 tether race car restored as one of a kind in 1:16 scale. Makes a great display set, complete 2 part automotive paint and restoration by Tony O the Xaviator. This one of a kind" Silver Arrow" vintage tether race car is 13 inches long. Very good condition the engine turns and has compression. Also included is a custom aluminum tether arm, leather seat, four pages of Factory instructions and a commemorative half dollar coin. Cox Mercedes W196 is a model of famous Mercedes Benz factory F1 racing "Silver Shadow" race car. The car made its debut in the 1954 French Grand Prix. After winning 2 World Championships and 9 of the 12 races entered, the race car was retired after the horrible 1955 Le Mans wreck that killed 84 people. Please check photos as they are part of the description and this is the car you will receive. A great add to any serious collection. Your Satisfaction is our Goal....... The item "Cox gas Thimble Drome 1950's tether race car restored Mercedes W196 & driver" is in sale since Wednesday, June 19, 2019. This item is in the category "Toys & Hobbies\Radio Control & Control Line\Tether Cars". The seller is "chitwood1943" and is located in Apollo Beach, Florida. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Custom paint and full restoration: leather seat, driver, aluminum tether arm
- many hours for complete restoration: beautiful 2 part automotive paint and graphics
- Color: Silver
- Model: Cox Mercedes W196 tether race car
- Modified Item: Yes
- MPN: B5000
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Modification Description: complete mechanical and cosmetic restoration. 1 of a kind car with aluminum tether bracket, custom painted driver and a leather seat.
- Age Level: 17 Years & Up
- Brand: COX
- Mercedes Benz 1954 Silver Arrow coin: collectible coin likeness of car.